2 cups cooked chicken meat. This should be cut into small pieces.
1/2cup fine lard
1 large chopped onion
1 scallion diced finely.
2 tablespoons flour, leveled
1/2 cup chicken broth, to near boil (Vegetable broth can be substituted)
1 to 2 table spoons paprika
t teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 to 3 teaspoon crushed red pepper (depending on heat)
Diced parsley to taste, salt.
1. Heat lard in medium or large sized frying pan,
2. Add onion then cook till they brown
3. Add scallions, these should be diced small.
4. Add flour, cook till brown, then add broth (Chicken or vegetable).
5. Add all spices (Paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper, chopped parsley) and cook for one minute. Be sure and mix ingredients.
6. Add chicken meat, season to taste. If mixture turns out too think correct it by adding a little more broth or water. Let cool before filling empanadas.
Here is an argentina empanada dough recipe.
Recipe submited by lynn, Thanks!