Fried Empanadas (Step 2 of 3)
1) Making the Dough - 2) Making the Filling - 3) Finishing the Empanada
Make the Filling:
1 pound of lean ground beef
2 large onions, diced
2 scallion onions, diced
1 tablespoon paprika
3 hard boiled eggs
green olives (if desired)
Add salt to taste (Argentina food tends to use more salt)
1/2 cup of boiling water or broth
- Cook the onions until they turn brown.
- Add the ground beef to the onions, stir until it changes color.
- Add diced scallions, paprika and boiling (broth or water).
- Stir until the food forms a thick mixture.
- Remove from fire and let cool.
- Add chopped green olives, and thinly diced hard boiled eggs.
Now stuff the empanadas