Pastel de Papas
4 cups of mashed potatoes (add butter and salt to taste)
1/2 teaspoon of chopped parsley
2 tablespoons of grated cheese
1 onion, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 minced clove of fresh garlic (may replace with powder)
1/2 cup of oil
2 cups ground beef
Spices to taste
1) Heat the oil. Fry onions and garlic.
2) Stir in tomatoes and tomatoe sauce when onions turn light brown.
3) When tomatoes are cooked, stir in ground beef.
4) Continue stirring to blend well all ingredients. Add the cheese and parsley
5) Cook until beef is brown. Remove fire and then season.
6) Oil a baking dish and then spread potatoes on bottom.
7) Spread the ground beef above the potatoes.
8) Cover the ground beef with the remaining mashed potatoes.
9) Bake in oven till the top is lightly browned.
Recipe submited by lynn, Thanks!